1. How do I submit?
Please register from the official website at www.tiff-jp.net/en/
2. When is the deadline for submissions and how much does it cost to submit?
・Early Bird 2019 April 21 to May 31 : free
・Regular submission 2019 June 1 to July 12 : ¥3,000 (JPY)
3. Does it make a difference to which deadline I submit?
No. All submissions are processed and viewed in the same manner. The only difference is the submissions fees.
4. Should I choose a section of TIFF to submit my film for?
No. You are not required to choose a section. The festival accepts submissions only for the main competition first and inform you if we would like to invite it to the other sections.
5. Do you accept works in progress?
Yes. However, as we cannot guarantee that we can consider updated version later, therefore we suggest submitting at least an editing locked version or a version which is very close to a final version.
6. What is your preferred format for submission? Do you accept PAL DVD or Blu-ray?
Our preference is a DVD (NTSC) or a password protected streaming link like Vimeo link; PAL DVD or Blu-ray may not work on our players.
*Basically, we do not accept links that requires additional software downloads.
7. When and how will I know if my film has been selected?
We notify ALL submitters via email of their status by mid-September 2019. Please make sure your email address on an entry form is up to date.
8. If my film is not selected, may I speak with a programmer for feedback?
No, unfortunately, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to correspond with each applicant.